YPDR recognizes the vital importance of proper water and sanitation facilities coupled with hygiene promotion in preventing illness and keeping the people of Bantayan Island and surrounding islets healthy and safe.
- Repaired 7 hand washing stations in Santa Fe Elementary School, Guiwanon Elementary School, Obo-Ob Integrated School, Santa Fe National High School, Sungko Elementary School.
- Restored the water supply to Santa Fe High School.
- Constructed 21 toilets and returned 33 toilets to operational status at local schools.
- Conducted a hygiene promotion session and performed educational puppet show on hygiene for over 6,000 children in the municipalities of Santa Fe, Madridejos, and Bantayan.
- Provided hand soap for all wash stations at Santa Fe High School.
- Conducted damage assessments of the water supply and toilet facilities at 30 schools on Bantayan Island.
- 10,260 bars of soap have been distributed to students and families.